About Marc C. Sanchez
Marc represents FDA-regulated companies in the food, dietary supplement, beverage, cosmetic, medical device and drug industries. With a focus on international trade, he advises clients on the regulatory requirements and strategic corporate considerations that affect the importation, distribution and exportation of FDA regulated products. Marc is a frequent national speaker on FDA compliance issues affecting the food, dietary supplement, and medical device industries. He is also considered a leading voice in understanding the Food Safety Modernization Act, which has fundamentally changed food law in the U.S., with interviews and contributions in the Washington Post and Huffington Post.
Marc began his career with the legal division at Nike’s European Headquarters. There he headed up product recalls, pricing, and digital privacy in the EU, US, China, and Japan. Marc’s work developing Nike’s, and its affiliated brands, global recall plan gained him company wide recognition.
After Nike, he began his own practice focusing on product recalls, regulatory compliance, government contracts and cross-border trade compliance.
Marc is the founder of Contract In-House Counsel and Consultants, LLC. His firm utilizes a cost effective model of adding a contact in-house attorney to small and mid-sized companies to provide expert counsel on a short and long-term basis. He currently serves clients across the US, EU, China, and Middle East.
- Pending Articles in the Food and Drug Law Institute Update and Natural Product Insider.
- FSMA—Enforcement by Another Means: Litigation, Food Product Design (2013)
- Food Safety Rules Tied To FSMA May Be Ignored By Industry, Interview with Huffington Post (2013)
The new pink slime? Beetles in Starbucks frappuccinos anger consumers, Washington Post (2012)
- Top Food Observations 2011, AIB International Monthly Newsletter (Jan. 2012)
- Ancestry of the Food Safety Modernization Act, cover feature Food Safety Magazine (Aug. 2011 Ed.)
- US Food Safety Reaching to China, China Law Blog (Apr. 8 2011)
- Shifting Sands of Social Medical, SHRM (Nov. 2011)
- Quoted in High Load, Low Bridge, American Shipper Magazine (May 5, 2011)
- Employee Privacy and the use of Social Media, WA Bar News (cover story Apr. 2011 Ed.)
- Founder and Editor Food Court: food law blog, Jan. 2011-present (www.foodct.com)
- Keynote address at Food Manufacturing and Safety Forum (Dallas, TX)
- Food Safety Rules Tied To FSMA May Be Ignored By Industry, Huffington Post (featured interview, January 2013)
- The new pink slime? Beetles in Starbucks frappuccinos anger consumers, Washington Post (March 2012)
- Should Medical Device Companies Pursue Regulatory Approvals in Europe Before the US?, Medsider (March 2012)
- Panel: Open up meat, egg inspection data, Argus Leader Interview (December 2011)
- Will FSMA Require Food Producers to Test their Products? AME Food Testing Show (November 2011)
- Preventing Bacterial Pathogens in Food Packaging, AME Food Testing Show (October 2011)
- Social Media is a Game Changer for Business Hiring, Business News Daily (Apr. 27, 2011)
Webinars and Presentations
- FDA Form 483 Best Practices, California Almond Board Food Quality and Safety Symposium (Aug. 2012)
- Food Safety Modernization Act Update – What’s New and How to Comply, MetricStream (July 2012)
- The PIP Scandal – Will It Impact EU Medical Device Regulations?, FX Conferences (May 2012)
- The Foreign Supplier Verification Program and What it Means for the Food Industry, FX Conferences (Apr. 2012)
- Presentation, Social Media and the Law Firm, Atlanta ALA (June 2011)
- Presentation, Social Media and Public Employees, at the WA State Municipal Attorneys Conf.(Apr. 2011)
Washington Bar Association
Regulatory Affairs Professional Society (RAPS)
Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI)