Subscribe to Food Court News on iTunes.
In this weeks summary of food news:
- Ag-Gag Bill: Undercover investigations of animal abuse may be a crime under a new Iowa bill.
- Tip-Theft Bill: A bill introduced in Rhode Island’s legislature this week would prevent restaurants and hotels in the state from pocketing portions of the “service fees” that many customers wrongly assume go to workers.
- Food Research and Action Center: A new report from Food Research and Action Center found a growing number of Americans can’t afford groceries.
- Raw Milk: Following last week’s report on raw milk, state health officials in Pennsylvania say another 40 bacterial infections have been linked to the Family Cow Dairy. The total is now 78 bacterial infections linked to the dairy, making it the words illness outbreak related to raw milk in the state’s history.
- Monsanto: A federal class action lawsuit against Monsanto has been dismissed.
- Fresno Teacher: Three fifth grade students were expelled from a Fresno California elementary school after attempting to poison their teacher.
Leave a comment